Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tentatively Tentacles

Maybe I'm  a monster
In bas-relief from soaring hearts
I always feel like an imposter
I knew it dead-on from the start
I should have made it clear much faster
I don't fall; not in love, nor apart
only perhaps out of favor
And no one ever takes that to heart
After all, we've got forever
I think bad thoughts in the dark
and you swear you want to know me better
You don't. You'll get hurt eventually
but I'll only grow a bit colder
You may be different, but marginally
the outcome slower, but surer
So parrallel I could laugh out dastardly:
The issue is never that "maybe" isn't enough for her;
It's that "maybe" is just fine with me
So long as I'm not the one hurt.

1 comment:

  1. I think yoi can make a lot of progress with this poem if you try flipping it upside down and playing with the monster metaphor a little more.

    ReplyDelete