Thursday, April 4, 2013

Day 3: Tentative


Waiting for the intangible
 Falling into possible bliss 
The ground will catch you 
Slipping into thoughts of love 
So catastrophic the only thing to emerge from it is beauty 
And a dozen white roses sprinkled with the dew from the tears of the woman who 
waited for the intangible 
 And cried herself to sleep at night
 Looking for the invisible 
She's beautiful 
And invisible 
So I'll wait for the tangible
 But someone told me if I squint hard enough I can see you
 Eyes now closed tight enough to picture God 
Arms wide enough to welcome to Earth 
But just hoping for a small piece of whatever you have to offer me 
So I don't look so stupid for waiting 
So I don't look too smart to be standing here 
In the ocean of dew that doused the white roses and dreams of creme colored 
picket fences  
Because nothing is perfect 
I'd be crazy to ask you to marry me 
So I'll be wild and wait for your proposal 
Unicorn kisses goodnight 
Will you mean it if I stop waiting? 
Will I still want you if you never come? 
Dancing in a puddle 
Inside floating white rose petals 
Water evaporates 
And nothing last forever 

 -Champion

1 comment:

  1. Lines 2-4...I saw it! I think each idea can be explored and developed into their own poems!

    ReplyDelete