Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Day 1: The Arrival...


Just posting all my poems to catch up...


The  arrival….


Today a toolbox arrived in my stomach
Steel drawers are opening
Pressed against my navel
Someone is hammering at my abdomen
As if they’re trying to chisel a 6-pack
Yet I just feel bloated
Its metal corners are piercing my sides
I think the pliers have latched on to my spleen
There is a staple gun attacking my back
Someone has been screwing and unscrewing strained nails all night
Just find a place to hang your misery and leave
I’m sure there are 8 wires wrapped around my kidney
And something leveling my Pancreas
This toolbox brings a jackhammered tongue and an emotional pendulum too
Every month now someone has been coming to gut my inner warehouse
And today the toolbox arrived in my stomach.

©Brion Gill 

No comments:

Post a Comment