Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Tentative Togetherness

Come over, he said

But come alone.

Tell no one of your travels here

If anyone sees you, we will make them forget

Arrive after the morning commute

Leave before the evening rush

Lie here with me in the in-between

Tell me what you think about when you look at me that way


What do we call us? Do we deserve a name?


Can you keep your cool with me in a crowded room?


Hours run like seconds when you're loving who you're with

And where you are

Knowing it's not where you're supposed to be



Text me your goodbye kiss

I'll let you know when I get home

Tuck me in via telephone

I love you.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Wow... that really surmised the average HU secret relationship (or is that just me). Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagined you reading this, and like 8 people in the room squirming because it sounded so familiar. This is real. So so so real.

    ReplyDelete