Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Day 3...Time


Time
Seconds, Minutes
Hours, Days,
Weeks, Months
Years
Time
You told me that we would have more time
Time to watch the sun silhouette your frame
As you radiate more than the sun kissed sky
Time for me to learn the curves of your hourglass
And secrets that your smile tends to hide
To taste your smooth caramel
While caressing the fears that lie hidden beneath the deepest folds of your mind
Time to become lost in your gaze
Captured by the depths of the soul I could glimpse within
You said that we would have more time
Time to grow old together
As we create the wrinkles of joy and pain
That one day would etch themselves upon our faces
Time to learn the trail of your tears
When your heart was too heavy for such beautiful eyes to hide
Time to lift you in my arms
When the world slipped from underneath your strong stance
Time to make sure I was the only one given a second chance
You promised me we would have more time
Time for me to fall in love with you in a continuum of beauty and strength
You promised me time
But then you left me
Alone
Brokenhearted, You left me
God stole our moments and left me with the memories
Smiles lost in seconds
Embraces trapped in minutes
Longing stretching hours
Causing tears to stream for days
And heartache to envelope the weeks without you
You promised me that we would have more time
Time promised in a future that neither of us could see
A promise replaced by the reality
You promised that we would have more time
But tomorrow and today misunderstood
And time
Lost in the confusion
Decided there was no longer time for us
No longer time for you

- Leira Ariel

1 comment: