Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Weights (April 2)



My spirit is heavy like a drunkards eyelids after too much wine;
it has shut on me.
Cutting off the light and leading me into the dark
like the slow progression into a cave where one has no flashlight.
A steep incline lay ahead of me
and one misstep can lead to an untimely death where dreams do not grow and where resuscitation is impossible.
I fight to remain upright
even though I slip and slide on the floor, damp due to the constant shedding of my tears.
The further I go
the darker it gets.
Walls project my dark despair and fears of never seeing the light of my hopes and dreams again.
I try to turn around but there is a pull that has me continue on this journey
 a pull that I can't resist.
A rope rapped around my being and the only way to alleviate the pressure is by moving forward.
Hopefully in the direction of light
instead of further into darkness.

2 comments:

  1. This is powerful. The cave of insecurities and the darkness of fears...love the imagery!

    ReplyDelete