Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Dealer & The Stoner (Day 3 Tentative)

I'm addicted to maybe 's.

It started out with small hits and loosely wrapped promises. Trying to pull I couldn't find enough energy to fill my lungs with the possibility of your return. You were such a novice dealer.

I paid you in enough time for at least an eight of certainty, but you got me hooked on weak maybe's and dry ass possibilities, so I'll settle for this dime of perhaps;

And perhaps, tomorrow if I barter a little, you'll give me more maybe's. I don't have much more time to give you cause I'm saving up for that certainty you promised me. I can dance a little though.

Dance for you, shuck, jive, and prance for you. For a hit of that maybe. I'm hooked and I want to make till tomorrow , cause you promised me I'd get that certainty soon.

Who's your connect? I called you at 4, and you said you were running out of maybe's. But when will you be back on, cause I'm addicted to the possibility of your return. I mean, look, I don't even need the certainty no more.

So no more maybe? You got me tomorrow?

Oh. Maybe?

-tree





3 comments:

  1. I like that reference to Love Jones. The possibility of that Certainty kept you coming back and settling for all of those maybe's... This hits. I feel this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna sing this poem for some reason (The dealer and the stoner-Frank Ocean (Pilot Jones)) I love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is tangible hope and desperation here. And the metaphor flows freely, it doesn't seem forced. The ENDING is really everything for me...

    ReplyDelete