Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Reciprocity (no promtp)




 Reciprocity is like the Bright of the sun coalescing with the cool of the moon
Creating a whirl of solar-luna eclipses of balance
But in this cosmic cavern my unifying compass is cracked catapulting me into a gaping hole in the blacken lows of tarnished self esteem
A black hole strong enough to suck in my ideas and dreams
Till all vitality is non existing
Deep enough to swallow God’s light and reflect nothing
Too many times I threw in the towel at the mirror, giving up on myself
couldn’t see the promise the world was seemingly projecting onto me
Felt like God had wasted good talent when he poured it on me, cuz I couldn’t hang in the big leagues
Striking out before the first pitch
Dismissed myself before a more positive school of thought could get started
Barely parted my lips before I muffled my voice with doubt
Hardly a spark before I ran to put the flame out
Wallowing in self inflicted wounds of pity
Never would’ve imagined this arduous obstacle course prohibiting me
Was a mental maze, crafted from the sticks and stones of old adages affixed to words that hurt more than any disease, cause its dis-EASE cognitively when
Your wants seem to exceed the limits of your perceived self worth
You’ve gotta give confidence if success you want to receive
Got all the gifts in the world, but where is my believe
Done wrote bout 100 poems aint got one CD
So I decided to write a poem to the scared part of me
For scarred egos beaten down to a timid tremble
For this tongue tying itself in knots in fear of being influential
For these brown ears unwilling to hear compliments claiming to be humble
This mind envisions perpetually but my hands refuse to manifest my destiny
Limp legs too afraid to leap
Because failure might be where I land
So here I stand in a mediocre purgatory
Not trying and not succeeding
Not living just being
What’s the point of having a passion if you’re too scared to go after it
We watch untalented people thrive because they have drive no matter how inefficient
While we sit complaining about our lackluster lives because ,to fear we’ve become submissive.
Just give yourself permission
Now run, Forrest Gump style,
Into a horizon of promise propped on the moonlight of your past
You’ve gotta work at it everyday if you want to make success a habit that’ll last
Rigorously scrape away wooden dismay until a carved caricature materializes
Don’t think your good enough now?
Then lie to you minds eye till you see the truth of your excellence
There’s a criminal in my psyche but who’s to blame when I’m the culprit
So Im dungeon-ing my doubt
Incarcerating insecurities
Throwing inhibitions behind lock and key
Cuz the only one standing in my way is me
I might fail, but commencing is the only way I’ll see
There are enough haters in the world so Imma subtract my 32 teeth from the chatter
Can’t be proud of my life if what I did doesn’t matter
Today I place my artistry in a box of alabaster
Sacredly secluded from the dilemma
Erupting in the depth of my spirit
My moon shying from the light of my radiant sun
As I sit in sky awaiting them to eclipse as one.

©Brion Gill 2013

 










2 comments:

  1. I wish I could be a fly on the walls of your skull that I may witness, up close and personal your creative process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol wow....you'd be bored most of the time lmao....

    ReplyDelete