Friday, April 26, 2013

Love Me Later

Okay
You are important to me, know that
But can you care when I come back?
Can you love me leaving
I mean
You do...know...that I'm leaving?
I hang my hat on the saddle
So even if you made a home
Of apple pies and and warm pillows
I'd still want...need...to travel
Until I get there, or her, or somewhere
Cuz the journey is my only destination
So long as I stop I'll never get there
And you'll stare into my mind
Hoping that my heart will get here
You really shoulda told me
You were holdin your air
I woulda come back at least
That's no fair
I may have been a rolling stone
But I ain't mean to roll over no one
So.. will you love me and let me go?
Or are there contracts that I should know?
It's just that some other bed
Is where I feel the most at home
Many others, any other
When I'm alone, I'm missin someone
But in comp'ny I'm losin somethin
And with you, I soon grow restless
Look, my house ain't where my heart is
So I won't be home
Just love me when I come back
Friends leave. I never feared it.
 After all, I prove it
Soon as the season changes I move it
At least we had the appearance
But it's not leaving the worries me
It's not from spite that I ask
Will you love me when I come back
Or reject me upon returning?

No comments:

Post a Comment