Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Day 1: Rooted. (The Arrival)


Finally,
forgotten memories have fled from the foreign forests of my mind
All uprooted.
Yet you,
have found a machete to massacre the massive mahogany trees that hide those memories
And now
I don't know what to do with you.

We meet where the forests clears.
You try to come near and I
I retreat
Because all I see is a familiar stranger in the twisted vines of my mind
And I don't know what to do with you

Doesn't take much time for you to remind me
"You once looked into the clearing where the sun peaked,
and saw me"
or you say
"The rain poured for weeks,
until you held me"

So I yell
so the depths of our souls will hear
"What do I do with you?!"
You stand firm, and plant your roots
"You choose."

-ASE


3 comments:

  1. I get this. "A familiar stranger in the twisted vines of my mind." That lne bought the literal and metaphor together for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounded like a story when I read it out loud. Like. Pictured myself sitting a your feet, listening lie a little kid. It flows so well, and it was compelling!

    ReplyDelete